1、or, either…or, neither…nor, not only…but also连接并列主语时，谓语与邻近主语一致
Not only she but also I am going there.
2、as well as, (together) with,,along with连接并列主语时，谓语与前面主语一致
Dr. Smith (together) with his two sons is going Paris.
3、there be 中主语并列时，可随紧挨 be 的词一致或用复数
There is (are) a boy and two girls in the room.
NOTICE: There is a pair of trousers here.
4、both, many, several, few作主语时，谓语用复数
Few are here this morning.
Two feet isn’t long enough.
① My father and mother are away on business.
② The worker and writer is from Paris.
③ The worker and the writer are from Paris.
④ Bread and butter is a daily food in the West.
⑤ Every (Each, No) desk and every (each, no) chair is made of wood.
⑥one and a half 后面应接复数名词，但其谓语动词应用单数。
7、the + adj. (-ing, -ed)表示一类人，谓语用复数；表示一类事物，谓语用单数
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer in many countries.
8、Neither (of), Either (of), Each (of)作主语，谓语用单数
Neither of them is a driver.
9、any-, every-, some- no-作主语，谓语用单数
Is everybody here ?
To see is to believe.
What I have done is what I should do.
11. all of, some of, any of, most of, none of, plenty of, percent of, half of 等作主语，根据 of 后的词决定
the houses are on show.
the work has been done.
the students are girls.
Ninety percent of the money is hers.
12. kind of + n., 由kind 决定
This kind of apples is very good.
→ Apples of this kind are very good.
13. Such (倒装)
Such is what he said. → Such are his words.
14. east, west, south, north的倒装
East of the city is (lies) a lake. (are / lie two lakes)
15. 强调句中 It’s I who am going to Japan.
16. 定语从句中 I, who am a student, will be a doctor.
17.a great deal of ( a large amount of , a large quantity of , a lot of ) + 不可数名词，谓语动词用单数。
18.a number of , ( a large quantity of , a lot of ) + 可数名词的复数，谓语动词用复数。但the number of +主语，其谓语动词用单数。
19.代词 none, neither 作主语时，主要根据说话人的意思来决定。
20. 一些只有复数形式的词作主语时( clothes , trousers , shoes , ...)，谓语动词应用复数形式；但前面有a pair of 修饰时，则用单数。
21. 关系词who, that , which 引起的定语从句中的谓语动词应该与先行词在数和人称取得一致。但one of + 复数名词 + that从句。从句的谓语动词应用复数，而the ( only ) one of +复数名词 + that 从句，从句的谓语动词应用单数。
22. 以what 引起的主语从句 the rest , the remainder 等引起的主语，谓语动词按意思一致的原则处理。